About our Cynosure Elite+ laser
The Elite+ is a medical grade laser that incorporates the gold standard 755nm Alexandrite and 1064nm Nd:YAG wavelengths to target hair follicles, unwanted veins, redness, pigmented lesions and to treat sun damaged skin. It utilises larger spot sizes for shorter treatment times and uses a cooling unit to reduce discomfort.
What conditions can be treated
The Elite+ laser can treat:
- Full body laser hair removal for ALL skin types
- Pigmented Lesions to the face, neck, chest, arms and back. Skin types I-III
- Vascular Lesions up to 3mm in diameter. Skin types I-IV
- Laser Facial Revitalisation – for environmental skin damage, red complexion, uneven pigment and skin texture. Skin types I-IV
How many treatments do I need?
The Elite+ is used to reduce or eliminate unwanted hair. The laser can eliminate hair only if it is in the active growth phase. The duration of hair growth cycles varies among body locations being treated. To achieve optimal results, we recommend:
- Face: 4-7 treatments, every 4-6 weeks
- Bikini/Arms/Underarms: 4-8 treatments, every 4-6 weeks
- Back/Chest/Legs: 6-9 treatments, every 8-10 weeks
- Pigmented Lesions: 1-2 treatments, every 3 weeks apart
- Vascular Lesions: Varies based on vessel size, however multiple treatments at 6-8 week intervals are necessary
- Laser Facial Revitalisation: 4-6 treatments, every 3-4 weeks
What does the treatment feel like?
The Elite+ laser produces an intense burst of light all personnel in the treatment room will wear protective eyewear to prevent eye damage. The sensation of light may feel like a hot pinprick or burst of heat that may last a few hours.
The area being treated can not be exposed to the sun. For 1064nm wavelength avoid sun one week prior, during and after treatment, for 755nm avoid sun for four weeks prior, during and at least one week after treatment. An SPF of 30+ is recommended at all times. An aftercare sheet will be provided to you based on the type of treatment you receive. We recommend using post-laser lotion or balm to soothe the skin.
What to expect post treatment
Laser Hair Removal: You may have some redness, swelling, and bumpiness for 24 hours. The hair will shed out within 2 weeks and you will have less hair growth with each treatment.
Pigmented Lesions and Laser Facial Revitalisation: Redness may be present but should resolve within a few hours. Unwanted pigment will darken for up to 2 weeks, before lightening.
Vascular Lesions: A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected for up to 24 hours. The vessels may undergo greying, blanching, or slight purple/red colour change. This will fully or partially fade after 10-14 days.