Hydro-Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive mechanical exfoliation that removes the uppermost layer of dead skin cells from the face, chest or neck, by using a high precision diamond head. It works by causing a small trauma to the skin, causing the skin to repair itself, creating a younger, healthier looking skin.
- Improves skin texture
- Improves dull looking skin
- More even skin tone
- Fewer fine lines
- Fewer breakouts
- Refined pores
How it works:
A small pen-like wand is placed on your skin and is moved in small circular and sweeping motions, which will polish off dead skin cells as well as combining with suction.
- Some people have mild to moderate redness and sensitivity lasting 12 to 48 hours
- Skin feels tight and dry
- Some darkened areas of skin may appear (this is the skin preparing to shed)
- Varying amounts of flaking can occur approximately 3 days after your treatment
- After the skin has shed it has a healthy glow and feels softer and smoother
One-off treatments are available however for best results we recommend a series of treatments, typically 6, performed 10-14 days apart.
After the series of treatments, oiliness is decreased, pores are less pronounced, and the skin is more refined. To achieve the optimum results, we also recommend use of our quality Obagi Medical Skincare range and SPF 30+ sunscreen should also be used daily.
Different treatment options:
Here at Wellington Cosmetic Clinic we have packaged our Hydro-Microdermabrasion to help you get the best results.
Prepay 6 or more treatments and access our special price for anti-wrinkle treatments.